2024 Conference Scholarships
Housing California and the Residents United Network (RUN) are dedicated to making the 2024 Annual Conference available to a diverse group of attendees. This year the conference will be held March 6-8, 2024 at the Long Beach Convention Center.
Deadlines and How to Apply
Residents United Network (RUN) Scholarship Fund
These scholarships are available to individuals that are actively engaged in RUN. Individuals may apply for a full conference scholarship (includes transportation and lodging) or a conference fee waiver for in-person attendance. More information will be available about the RUN scholarships soon and will be distributed via the RUN newsletter.
Estas becas están disponibles para personas que participan activamente en Residents United Network (RUN). Las personas pueden solicitar una beca completa de la conferencia (incluye transporte y alojamiento) o una exención de la tarifa de la conferencia para asistir en persona.
Habrá más información disponible sobre el RUN,becas pronto y se distribuirán a través de RUN Boletin informativo.
General/Volunteer Conference Scholarship Fund
These scholarships are available to:
- Individuals living in affordable housing developments and individuals experiencing housing instability who are NOT associated with the Residents United Network (RUN).
- Emerging Leaders: Verifiable students or individuals in the first three years of working in the affordable housing, homelessness or related sector.
- Volunteers: Individuals that want to volunteer for the conference in exchange for waived registration fees.
Guidelines for General Conference Scholarship Fund Applicants
All general conference scholarship fund applicants must demonstrate the following in their application:
- Active involvement in the affordable home/homeless community (or related sector) through employment, education, training, or volunteer work.
- Demonstrated commitment to the movement for housing justice in application.
- Financial need.
- Volunteer scholarship recipients will be asked to volunteer a minimum of four (4) hours at the Annual Conference. In return for this support, scholarship recipients will receive complimentary conference admission for March 7 and March 8, 2024 with potential for a travel fee reimbursement.
Additional Notes: (1) No more than two recipients from the same organizations will receive a volunteer scholarship. (2) General conference scholarships are non-transferable. (3) Scholarship spots are limited and some applicants may be asked to volunteer in exchange for conference fee waiver.
If you need assistance filling out the online application, please contact Jade Chin at 916.287.9890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All information on scholarship application forms is confidential. Applications will only be reviewed by the Housing California Scholarship Committee.