2023 Conference Scholarships
Housing California and the Residents United Network (RUN) are dedicated to making the 2023 Annual Conference available to a diverse group of attendees and developing leadership in advocacy. This year the conference will be held in-person at the Town and Country Resort in San Diego on March 27-29, 2023.
Deadlines and How to Apply
Applications to apply for a General/Volunteer Scholarship are due by end of day Friday, February 17, 2023. Please complete the application form and you will be notified of the status by Thursday, March 2, 2023.
Residents United Network (RUN) Scholarship Fund
These scholarships are available to individuals that are actively engaged in RUN. Individuals may apply for a full conference scholarship (includes transportation and lodging) or a conference fee waiver for in-person attendance.
Estas becas están disponibles para personas que participan activamente en Residents United Network (RUN). Las personas pueden solicitar una beca completa de la conferencia (incluye transporte y alojamiento) o una exención de la tarifa de la conferencia para asistir en persona.
General/Volunteer Conference Scholarship Fund
These scholarships are available to:
- Individuals living in affordable housing developments and individuals experiencing housing instability who are NOT associated with the Residents United Network.
- Emerging Leaders: Verifiable students or individuals in the first five years of working in the affordable housing, homelessness or related sector.
- Volunteers: Individuals that want to volunteer for the conference in exchange for waived registration fees.
Guidelines for General Conference Scholarship Fund Applicants
All general conference scholarship fund applicants must demonstrate the following in their application:
- Active involvement in the affordable home/homeless community (or related sector) through employment, education, training, or volunteer work.
- Demonstrated commitment to the movement for housing justice in application.
- Financial need.
- Volunteer scholarship recipients will be asked to volunteer a minimum of four (4) hours at the Annual Conference. In return for this support, scholarship recipients will receive complimentary conference admission for March 28 and March 29, 2023.
Additional Notes: (1) No more than two recipients from the same organizations will receive a volunteer scholarship. (2) General conference scholarships are non-transferable.
If you need assistance filling out the online application, please contact Jade Chin at 916.287.9890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All information on scholarship application forms is confidential. Applications will only be reviewed by the Housing California Scholarship Committee.
Conference Safety and COVID Protocols for Onsite Participation
Our attendees’ health and safety is our #1 priority and we are especially aware of the risks that those who are immunocompromised or otherwise vulnerable to infection are taking to attend an in-person event. With that in mind, we have developed important safety protocols for the conference. These measures are intended to comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws and are based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and public health authorities.
Housing CA will continue to closely monitor all guidelines and regulations and reserves the right to change, suspend, or revoke all or parts of these safety protocols and measures as appropriate.