Save the Dates!
Save the dates of March 27-29, 2023 to join other housing, homelessness, and multi-sector leaders and advocates at Housing California’s Annual Conference 2023.
Housing’s Next Chapter
This year’s theme is Housing’s Next Chapter. As we enter the third year of a global pandemic, we have witnessed a historic response from both state and federal leadership and impactful shifts in resources and funding which urge us to think about how to carve a path towards housing justice that is intersectional, equitable, and urgent.
Surveying Our Aspirations
Our 2023 tracks will focus on the following key areas:
- Creating affordable housing sessions will do a deep dive on housing policy solutions, development practices and financing as well as property management.
- Ending homelessness will share best practices, partnership and policy while highlighting the Housing First approach.
- Protecting low income renters topics will focus on equity-centered policy strategy and solutions to protect people from discrimination and displacement.
- Moving toward sector-wide equity sessions will cover advancing anti-racism and justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) within our field.
- Advancing a narrative shift will center narrative as a powerbuilding strategy covering narrative research and skill development.
- Building and shifting power topics will lift up resident engagement, successful collaborations and coalition work.
In addition, we are adding a new track focusing on the Intersection of Health and Housing. The weaknesses and gaps in our social safety nets laid bare how those with the fewest resources suffered disproportionately. The COVID-19 global pandemic underscored how housing is critical to maintaining the health of struggling community members and the community as a whole. This track will provide an opportunity for learning and dialogue about the ways in which housing and health are intertwined. This track will shed light on recent state initiatives like CARE Court, highlight innovative housing solutions addressing special-needs populations and opportunities for increased housing access and support services.
Blueprinting Our Vision
Last year’s hybrid conference drew homelessness experts and housing advocates, local and state leaders, and other multi-sector social justice activists from across the state, many of whom will join us in San Diego this year for an in-person event. We are super excited to see you as we gather to talk about the policies, advocacy, and actions needed to end California’s housing and homelessness crisis, advance racial equity, and increase economic mobility for all Californians.
Together, we can build a California that can effectively combat homelessness and produce the affordable housing needed to create a state with homes, health, and wealth for all.
Building Our Future
You will receive Housing California 2023 Conference registration and attendance details soon. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com.